• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP Can't Remove Steering Stabilizer Shock!?

xthejuicex

NAXJA Forum User
Hey. I got a new steering stabilizer shock to replace my rusty leaking one and thought that it would be a simple swap. I was able to remove the bolts on the left side (looking at it from the front) and the nut on the right side. I then started hitting the bolt with a hammer thinking that the whole shock is connected to that bolt and will come off. It moved about an inch up and then would not move any more. I saw that there is a nut on the bolt under the shock but above the bar, so it will not slip down? but this would not move and shouldn't affect it from sliding up and out. I have a replacement bolt so I don't need this one. There is no nut on the very top but there is some like cover over the end but it is too thin of a cover to be covering a nut.

So tl;dr my question is how am I supposed to remove the steering stabilizer shock?

Thanks for any help.

I would say put the bolt back in on the left side and leave the castle nut off on the right, then get in the Jeep and turn the wheel.

EDIT: Oops don't do that (my memory is wrong). Sorry someone should be able to help.

Last edited:
Back