• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dist and webber 32/36

BenDiesel

NAXJA Forum User
sooo we was working on my jeep the other day rebuilding the carb. and while tuning it we discovered that the distributer was connected directly to the intake vacuum, from what i understand is making the vac advanced work in reverse. soo im wondering what port you ugys have your vac adv hooked up to?

oh ya its a 85 2.5L

If I am reading your post correctly, you don't have the instructions that came with the Weber.

On the side of the carb with the electric choke and fast idle screw, there are two small vacuum ports. Weber designates the left one as the "purge storage plug" and the right one as distributor advance. When I first did my conversion, I hooked the distributor vacuum hose to this designated port. It's been awhile and I don't remember exactly why, but I later experimented with hooking the distributor hose directly to a port on the intake manifold. As I recall, I didn't find a noticeable difference between the two. I do know that a lot of other things were going on with the '85 at the time and I never really got around to doing any kind of meaningful comparison before I got rid of it.

I am sure that someone on the board can explain the principles involved but thought I would get this to you in case you don't have the instructions.

hey thanks for the info man. ya i didnt do the conversion. i got the jeep that way.

Back