• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 XJ Loredo ABS brake swap??

dz1675

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 loredo with abs brakes that are shot. I have seen the article that talks about getting rid of the ABS and converting to standard brakes. I have access to a 91 XJ with standard brakes. Would it be worth my time to swap out the front end and rear end ABs for the standard front and rear end of the other XJ in addition to dumping the ABS system. I plan on lifting the Loredo and my concern is in regards to the ABS tone rings on each axle etc. Please advise. Thanks.

Pull a booster and Master cyl from a 96 XJ. You will have to fab some lies and do some flaring, but it is worth it to ditch the Bendix 9 garbage sorry excuse for brakes.

what about ditching the front end and rear end because of the abs tone rings and swapping in a standard 91 front end and rear end along with the brakes?

what about ditching the front end and rear end because of the abs tone rings and swapping in a standard 91 front end and rear end along with the brakes?
progress.gif

Tone rings dont matter if you pull the other ABS components. The 91 has the horrible single diaphragm booster. Better than what you have, granted, but still awful. If you are going to take the time to do this I would do it with the better components...

Back