• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30HP Gear Swap Help..... please.

wickedwenzel

NAXJA Forum User
I'm swaping gears in my dana 30 hp front axle and subsituted the oil baffel thickness with shims for the setup and then planned on putting the oil baffel back in once I was complete with the extra shims that are needed. My problem is that the overall shim pack that gives me a good pattern is .024". The oil baffel by itself is .020" The thinest shim that came in my kit (Motive Gear) is .010". Does anyone know where to find shims thinner than .010" ? I need a .004" shim or something close. Or is there a thinner oil slinger that I could use. The slinger I'm using is .030".

I didn't get anything less than .010" with my kit. I guess I'll need to order a kit from Randy's. So your saying that usually, shim kits come with .003" shims? That would be a lot of help if they do.

I don't know where Gilroy is but I have some shims you can have. PM me your addy and I can mail them if you're not in a hurry. Otherwise you can see if they are available locally.

Make sure that some of the thinner shims are not stuck to the thicker shims. You have to put the shims between your finger and thumb and rub to split them apart sometimes.

Back