• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Simple and Cheap On Board Air Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

97Jeepers

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I came across a pallet of Air brake tanks recently, and I want to offer them to you as great tanks for on board air reservoirs.

They are approximately 22" long, 8" in diameter and have 4 threaded ports already welded in.

The end fittings are 3/4" NPT and the middle fittings are 3/8" NPT and 1/2" NPT making connections to your home built or commercial OBA system easier.

The tanks are rated at max pressure of 125 psi.

Im asking 50 bucks each plus shipping to your zip. PM me to get a shipping quote.

Thanks!

100_0193.jpg

100_0194.jpg

Free bump. That's a great deal! If I didn't already have one I'd be all about it. I paid I think around 40 for a decent shape, but old military truck one off ebay about a year ago.

Those look like they would work for low rider air bag crowd. Try Craigslist.

do you get to rausch creek much? if so i would be interested in picking one up, great price the only bummer is shipping would probably bump it up another $20 or so

maybe fine for mall crawling, but I'd say it's a bad idea for offroading. There's just not enough room anywhere under there, especially without a frame. Wherever you put it you'll hit it on a rock or tree or something.

Ordered one of these at Thanksgiving. It has not arrived. Contacted the Vendor who gave me a tracking number, all it says is waiting to ship. Tried contacting this Vendor again a few times, through here and e-mail. Does not respond just a heads up.

John

Ordered one of these at Thanksgiving. It has not arrived. Contacted the Vendor who gave me a tracking number, all it says is waiting to ship. Tried contacting this Vendor again a few times, through here and e-mail. Does not respond just a heads up.

John

i really hope that gets figured out!

me too, i have been waiting as long as I could with out saying anything to everyone. but after not receiving any messages back I thought I couldnt hold out any longer. If I get a tank I will sure let everyone know. I keep telling myself hes a 21 yr old student maybe he got busy.

me too, i have been waiting as long as I could with out saying anything to everyone. but after not receiving any messages back I thought I couldnt hold out any longer. If I get a tank I will sure let everyone know. I keep telling myself hes a 21 yr old student maybe he got busy.
Dammit that sucks! I would ride his ass until he finally answers!

Thanks Ken we all get overwhelmed from time to time, looks like you have a full plate trying to finish school, start a business and enjoy your hobby. Saw on UPS the package has shipped, will let everyone know what the tank is like when I get it, OBA here I come :firedevil

If I had the extra cash I would grab one of these up. My beater is ready for OBA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back