• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2X6 rock rails

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
I have had several people ask for pix of my rock rails and I have been lagging about posting them so here they are:
The rear 2/3
Misc8-16093.jpg

Same thing different lighting
Misc8-16094.jpg

Side kickers
Misc8-16095.jpg

Frame side

Misc8-16096.jpg

Another shot of the front

Misc8-16102.jpg

Wide view of side

Misc8-16101.jpg

Rear from underneath

Misc8-16100.jpg

What you can't see in these pix is the 2X2 tube I welded on the top of the 4X6 which fits up into the door sill channel and supports the rail vertically for bashing down on the rocks. I have tested these rails extensively against bashing and using then to pivot around rocks and they are solid. They are heavy but if these ever bend I will have far greater problems than bent sheetmetal.

Awesome work!

They look like they have been on a while. I'm glad they are working for you.
I want to do the same Frame Rail/Rocker Rail Supports as you have. I think I will do Frame Rail Stiffeners first.

Last edited:
Just make the short drive out here and we'll put 'em on :D

Let's see. It's probably about 5 days of driving from Tampa out to you.
We'll be there on Friday and on Saturday Morning we can get her done and finish the Weekend Wheeling. LOL :confused1:

BTW: I'll be bringing 3 Teenagers, 2 Cats, a Dog, my Mother and her Friend with me. Do you have room to put us up for a month or two or three or four? :party:

LOL Just joking...... wish I could though. I need a Break from my Hoodlums. LOL

Let's see. It's probably about 5 days of driving from Tampa out to you.
We'll be there on Friday and on Saturday Morning we can get her done and finish the Weekend Wheeling. LOL :confused1:

BTW: I'll be bringing 3 Teenagers, 2 Cats, a Dog, my Mother and her Friend with me. Do you have room to put us up for a month or two or three or four? :party:

LOL Just joking...... wish I could though. I need a Break from my Hoodlums. LOL
There are some very cozy canyons and under bridge areas here and the weather is quite good this time of year:D

I welded it on the top under the doors and used plug welds to secure the 2X2 under the door sills.

Cool, just cut my rockers out, and u fortunately the bak pinch didn't survive the rust, so your design fits my needs perfect as I don't have any rocker metal left at all, thanks

Do you have any pics of the door sills with the door open? or of where you put in the 2x2?
The door sills look completely stock with the doors open because the plastic tread insert covers the plug welds. The 2X2 is up inside the door sill so I can't get pix. The 2X2 is welded to the top of the 2X6 and plug welded to the top surface of the door sill plate.

Back