• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA Bushing material

souske

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so im getting sick of chasing down DW after every trail run, so im going through the front end. Running Rustys lower arms with the bend in em. So what does everyone use for bushings? Another set of rubbers? Poly? I read something in my frinds "XJ builders guide" about using Delrin? Is this still a good idea? or is there a better option?

Well short of buying new arms with flex joints that is cause i be po':laugh3:

well if i grab the lowers i can twist them does this not mean the bushing is shot?

Tires were balanced and were fine before the run, some chunks came off but is this that big of a deal??

Tierod was bent, i bent it back, and set toe in at 1/16

caster angle hasnt really been done i set it up to make the front driveshaft most happy

trackbar seems to be tight

any ideas?

I run the Rusty's upper and lower adjustable CA's (lowers have the bend)

Use the stock rubber bushings, never had a problem with DW until I switched to their steering conversion.

So the bushings probably aren't your problem unless they are toast!

Bushings were so toasted i was thinking they were made by Eggo

Ok so DW is gone, but im getting a shimmy when i go around turns at freeway speeds

methinks new trackbar bushing tommorow. unless someone else knows....

I had a bit of DW so I switched everything out with the daystar polyurethane kit. It made everything nice and tight, got rid of the "floating" feeling at cruising speeds too. I think I paid $150ish for it.

4" in the front

upper bushings appear to still be good, although the passenger side looks as though the sleeve is tweaked one way, guess ill take those apart and check them out

steering is stock, bone stock
tres have some rotation but dont seem to slop around, they only twist on the axis thy would through normal suspension movement. Is there something im missing?

On the Trackbar: the trackbar always wants to work loose on the upper heim, or the bracket. (still using the factory bracket with a 7/8" heim) Is there a way to check for wear? or do they just die?

Sometimes its the bolt holding the heim to the bracket, sometimes the two nuts that hold the bracket to the unibody in the wheelwell, I replaced the top lock nuts on the bracket, and used a new nylock nut and lock washer on the big bolt holding the heim.
I will be doing a new bushing on the axle end of the trackbar.

Also last time i went to get the tires balanced, they told me the rims were slightly bent. They are less than a year old, but on the box it said made in USA. but stamped into the wheel was made in china. could the crappy chinese steel be the reason these things bend so easily? Is there a better brand of steel wheel?

Back