• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can't get my fuel rail off

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I disconnected the lines, took the gas cap off, removed all the bolts, FSM says to rock and pull on the rail to get it out....the thing moves all over the place but won't come out, should I just pull harder? anyone have any tricks

also do I need new o-rings or is it just highly recommended?

Doug

I disconnected the lines, took the gas cap off, removed all the bolts, FSM says to rock and pull on the rail to get it out....the thing moves all over the place but won't come out, should I just pull harder? anyone have any tricks

also do I need new o-rings or is it just highly recommended?

Doug

After you are ABSOLUTELY sure that all of the fasteners are out then yes, pull harder. Make sure that you pull on where the injector goes and not between the two as you don't want to bend it.

As far as new o-rings are concerned, yes, put new ones on. Probably the reason that it is coming off so hard is because the o-rings are hard and not pliable anymore.

ooooohhh, I was pulling on the rail, I should grab the injector themselves and do it that way? I need to get it off to see if they are leaking but they are chrysler injectors so I'm guessing the o-rings are original also. I'll try one by one

:cheers:

yeah well it's not leaking and the pressure is still going down so now I'm out the cost of whatever the dealer is taking me for on the o-rings
:mad:

A set of O'rings is about $5 at Autozone, and includes o'rings for the fuel line QC.

If you are still losing pressure, check the pressure regulator on the forward end of the fuel rail. If still no pressure, check the fuel filter bolted to the frame rail just forward of the passenger side rear tire. If no luck there, start thinking about the fuel pump.

still losing pressure a little but it started first try and that was after removing the fuel rail and all pressure, the loss was coming from somewhere in the rail cause I could clamp off the hose (mines just rubber fuel line) right before the rail and the pressure would drop...when the injectors were out the #5 one was a little wet, swapped o-rings and it started right up.....just don't forget to reconnect all the wires =)

Unfortunatly I have a 96 so the regulator is in the tank, and the filter is spankin new

Hopefully this solves it

thanks everyone

Back