• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil Isolator

XJ Stryker

WHO DAT!
Having a problem getting my Coil Isolator on.

Don't tell me to search I am tired and just don't feel like it.

Anyway can't get it over the bell part. Is that removable want to know before I mess it up trying lol. Fricken Hot in Kentucky today.

Thanks for whatever help or secrets you can offer me.

Pics for reference

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

Having a problem getting my Coil Isolator on.

Don't tell me to search I am tired and just don't feel like it.

Anyway can't get it over the bell part. Is that removable want to know before I mess it up trying lol. Fricken Hot in Kentucky today.

Thanks for whatever help or secrets you can offer me.

Pics for reference

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

Im pretty sure you need to grind the lip down.

Don't the earlier bumpstop mounts unscrew? Right where the two metal parts of the bumpstop mount meet, an inch or so above that lip you are having trouble with.

Oh and you should be able to remove it. Pull the bump stop out and there should be a bolt up there, i think.

No problem. Let me know how it works out.

pull hard on the bumpstop... there is a bolt under it.. i think it is a 13mm... take that off and it will remove the bumpstop older peice. slide the spacer on.and replace the bumpstop cup and bumpstop! and you are done! :cheers:

I got it on by grinding the lip and grease. Then a screwdriver and pry it over the rest of the lip.

Thanks. But now I think I ordered the wrong part. I am such a noob to some things. The bushings on top of the spring are what are worn so I ordered the isolators thinking they are one in the same. Well Not working out as planned. Does anyone know what I am talking about becuase i really don't anymore.

Ok I took some more pics maybe this will help me explain

There is an obvious difference in size.

DSC00001-1.jpg

Plus as you can see with out a beveled inside like the stock ones they don't sit flush. I guess I could have grinded it out but i just think i am missing part of this coil isolator or something.

DSC00002-1.jpg

afaik, theres only 1 part between the coil, and the sheet metal body, the coil isolater,
it definately looks like youve got some kinda weird aftermarket version that doesnt fit right...

a differance in thickness is ok, it'll just give you a little lift, like doubling up the oem isolators...
but the way yours sits, it'll probably squeek, or wear prematurely?

coil isolaters arent a hot topic, they allmost never provide any problems.
maybe switch back to decent oem junkyard isolators?

I hear ya my driver's side was tore up is the only reason why I replaced them. I got it all back together now I will run these till they crap out and then maybe go see a Jeep Dealership. RUK Industries is who I bought these from and I have emailed them about it. They said there were OEM style sooooo. I got pics to prove they ain't and I will gladly send it to them also.

Never doubt quadratech huh? Not sure I would go that far...

quadratec, aka the catalog thats shown a d35 in the rear of its catalog, labeled as a d44 since i started jeepin 3 years ago...

Does having the isolator help with ride quality? I dont have any on mine... but I do have a block spacer

Back