• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Shot

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
My stock steering is ready for the scrap yard, so here is what I am thinking
on replacing it with.
V-8 WJ drag link, and Rustys HD tierod w/tierod ends
The jeep is a 91 with 4.5" RK longarm kit running 33's, 4.56 gears and locked front and rear. I would say the jeep usally sees mild to moderate trails and I dont plan on increasing tire size any time soon. Will this setup suffice for me?

Yes Pat I did mean ZJ. This setup would get me in under $200.00 but I figure it would still be a bunch stronger than stock. What is the setup you are running again, refresh my memory please. Digger

honestly i don't know how much stronger a zj draglink really is, if it were mine i'd just buy the hd tierod and do the goforeitoffroad flip insert that flips the tierod to the top of the knuckle, its a simple strong and cheap setup, because i'm not worried about my draglink bending any time soon

edit: o yeah for mild to moderate you will be just fine with that setup

My tie rod end on the drag link end is what is really bad., so I have to replace that and I just want to replace the tie rod itself to get some BEEF.

digger4u said:
My tie rod end on the drag link end is what is really bad., so I have to replace that and I just want to replace the tie rod itself to get some BEEF.

yeah then replace the draglink and beef is nice, i could have used beef when i turned the stock tierod into a pretzel :D

digger4u said:
Yes Pat I did mean ZJ. This setup would get me in under $200.00 but I figure it would still be a bunch stronger than stock. What is the setup you are running again, refresh my memory please. Digger

Currie draglink and Goferit tierod. maybe you could buy the currie draglink and, to save some money, build your own tierod with some HD ends?

Back