• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noob leaf spring question

XJ=Fun

NAXJA Forum User
right now im sunning a 4.5 inch lift spring with a 2 inch lift shackle(both RCX) and was wondering if the shackle angle would be corrected if i were to use a 6.5 rustys leaf pack with stock shackles instead of the rough country 4.5 inch leaf pack + 2 inch shackle. or am i gona need a shackle relocating bracket either way?

4.5" Leaf Packs and 2" Shackles would offer more Flex than 6.5" Leaf Packs and Stock Shackles IMHO. The taller the Leaf Pack and shorter the Shackle... the less Flex available as the Springs would have NO Room to elongate.

Just my .02

4.5" Leaf Packs and 2" Shackles would offer more Flex than 6.5" Leaf Packs and Stock Shackles IMHO. The taller the Leaf Pack and shorter the Shackle... the less Flex available as the Springs would have NO Room to elongate.

Just my .02

ok i see what your saying, but am more focused with on-road manners right now. im wondering if 6.5inch rustys spring packs will have a better shackle angle with stick shackles. right now my shackle angle is horribe with my RCX 4.5 inch pack and 2 inch shackles. it rides like hell

ok i see what your saying, but am more focused with on-road manners right now. im wondering if 6.5inch rustys spring packs will have a better shackle angle with stick shackles. right now my shackle angle is horribe with my RCX 4.5 inch pack and 2 inch shackles. it rides like hell

6.5" Rusty's Spring Packs will not. They will have more Arch than anything and may be difficult to Install into the Stock Leaf Spring Mounts and Shackles IMHO.

If you would like more On-Road Manners and better Shackle Angle, I would go with a Longer Main Spring and relocate the Rear Leaf Spring Mount and go with the Shackles you have.

This Thread may or may not be of help to you.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1004504

Here are a couple of Quotes that may also be helpful:

mine is a combination of stock xj's, and two leaves from a 3/4 ton dodge pickup. good for 3.5-4" lift, and rides better than stock.

Here are some Dodge Van Leaf Packs also.

22797exp.gif

Years Description...................................................................# Leaves..Width..Measures (A*B)...Spring Capacity

70-97 1/2 Ton Van......................................................................4.............2-1/2......23*31..................1200

70-97 1/2, 3/4 Ton Van.............................................................4(3/1)......2-1/2......23*31..................1600

70-97 1/2, 3/4, 1 Ton Van (1 Ton with Side Bar Shackle)...5(4/1)......2-1/2......23*31..................1800

70-97 1/2, 3/4, 1 Ton Van (1 Ton with Side Bar Shackle)...6(5/1)......2-1/2......23*31..................2500

72-97 1 Ton Van with One Piece Shackle.............................7(6/1),,....2-1/2......23*30-3/4...........2750

72-97 1 Ton Van with One Piece Shackle.............................7(6/1)......2-1/2......23*30-3/4...........3250

Hope this helps.

alright that's pretty much what i figured, and from the what i read it sounds like H.D is the way to go. maybe i will post up a write up with pics!

Back