• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 inch with 33x10.50s

NVRwheels

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so I am picking up some almost new 33x10.50 km1s tom. for my XJ. I am piecing together a 3 inch bastard pack for my XJ.
I am just going to redrill my trackbar for the time being and for shocks I have a set of JKs. I am getting some extending rear brake lines as well.

Now for fitting these bad boys under their. I am gonna trim a good amount up front and cut and fold the rear.
I will also hockey puck bumpstop the front. Do I need to bumpstop the rear as well?

Now for gearing I have an ax-15 and shitty 3.07s. I ran 33x12.50s on my TJ and it was OK but for the XJ I will only have 3.07s for max 8-10 months. Also I have a brand spankin new clutch kit in their still in the break in period.

thoughts or reccomenedations?

thanks,
Jake

You will need to trim. the 10.50's should turn nicely with no rubbing pending on what rims your gonna use.
3.07's wont be TOO bad, but you will wanna regear sooner or later.

s'all good. actual lift is a just about 3.25" im running stock wheels with 1.25" spacers

3591712378_e6abf1a1d4_b.jpg

and plenty of flocks (old rustys shocks/coils- they sucked)

2680285017_158fe37798_b.jpg

i have since trimmed a tad more than that^, as you can see in the first pic. that was just above the stock fender flare seam

Last edited:
It won't be as bad as you expect; I had 31"s on my 3.07s then moved up to 33"s about two weeks ago and did not realize that much decrease in power. It will still have enough power to get out of it's own way, but you cannot use 4th gear until your speedometer says you are going 35-40mpy but you are really going more like 50-60mph.

I have a 3" lift with 33x12.50 and did a basic trim and still need to trim about an inch up front, then get some bumpstops.

for trimming how much should I do in the front? and for the rear should the cut and fold be enough?
also what should I use to trim a angle grinder or a sawzaw?

For the rear, a cut and fold is adequate, unless you want to weld/tub it. To know how much to trim in the front, you need to get you tires mounted. Flex it out a bit and trim as neccesary. An angle grinder with a cut off wheel works best.

I would Cut Out the Front and Rear Fenders as much as I could to fit 33s under a 3" Lift. I would also use Hockey Pucks or the RE Front Bump Stop Kit and Fab in a Truss like that from Iron Rock 4x4 with 2" Bump Stop Pads for the Rear Axle Assembly.

I plan to go this direction with my 5" Lift if I go with 35s. I have already Cut Out my Fenders as far as I can.

Just my .02.

Don't kid youself, 3.07's and 33's will be a slug. BTW, I run and ax-15 as well.
Off road, you will be slipping that new clutch like mad to crawl difficult obstacles.
I guess it depends on how difficult a terrain you are going to wheel it in.
For the trails I get into, I'm running 4.56's and 4:1 on 33's. and it's just right.

BTW, I'm at 2.5" lift on 33x10.5's and running stock wheels extended steering stops/bumpstops.

Don't kid youself, 3.07's and 33's will be a slug. BTW, I run and ax-15 as well.
Off road, you will be slipping that new clutch like mad to crawl difficult obstacles.
For the trails I get into, I'm running 4.56's and 4:1 on 33's. and it's just right.

BTW, I'm at 2.5" lift on 33x10.5's and running stock wheels extended steering stops/bumpstops.

I had 3.07s and 33x12.50 on my TJ and a not so good clutch and it was OK on road and dog offroad.

On my XJ i got a brand new clutch so i'm not to worried but I will be regearing this summer.

Okay so I am picking up some almost new 33x10.50 km1s tom. for my XJ. I am piecing together a 3 inch bastard pack for my XJ.
I am just going to redrill my trackbar for the time being and for shocks I have a set of JKs. I am getting some extending rear brake lines as well.

Now for fitting these bad boys under their. I am gonna trim a good amount up front and cut and fold the rear.
I will also hockey puck bumpstop the front. Do I need to bumpstop the rear as well?

Now for gearing I have an ax-15 and shitty 3.07s. I ran 33x12.50s on my TJ and it was OK but for the XJ I will only have 3.07s for max 8-10 months. Also I have a brand spankin new clutch kit in their still in the break in period.

thoughts or reccomenedations?

thanks,
Jake
Are you going to get longer control arms or is the trimming going to take care of the rubbing???

I'm running stock wheels so it might rub the stock arms a small amount but I'm not to worried about it.

It wont be a "small" amount!

I'm running 3.75 backspacing and my tires are about and inch away from the control arms at full lock. I'm have 33x12.50 though

Check into the Low COG thread. It's all Jeeps that are built to run big tires with small lifts.

i think he should make it run before he builds the packs. i live with nvrwheels and im tired of lookin at his shi* sittin under the house haha jk jake

Are you going to get longer control arms or is the trimming going to take care of the rubbing???

theres 2 kinds of rubbing (at least), trimming will stop it from hitting the fenders but wheels or spacers are what he'll need to stop it from rubbing hte arms. oh and rubbing tubular arms are different from rubbing hte stock ones since stock are easier to bend and have sharp edges, so contact with a tires lugs is never a good thing...esp a mud terrain with side biters

What did you do for steering stops and bumpstops?
thanks,
Jake

steering stops, I simply pulled the stock bolt out, went to the hardware store got a longer bolt (same size/thread). fiddled with the adjustment until a was able to keep the tire off the inside of the lower wheel well (or control arm depending on which contacts first) cut the excess of the bolt, reinstalled and tightened the jamb nut down.

bump stops, I went cheap and installed 2 hockey pucks each side on the lower spring perch.
Out back my overload leafs keep the tires out of the wheel well, so, nothing was required there.

Back to the bumpstop issue...i know it's pretty trashy, but i kept my stock bumpstops with my BB. With my front end disco'ed, the flex is unreal. The only problem comes with a jump off a whoop and a little over compression. Besides that, the stock bumpstops should get you by.

Back