• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alignment help please!

Lostman

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, here is the deal. New Cherokee (to me anyway)
I'm going to do a bunch of mods very soon but in the mean time I'm pulling hard to the right and have noticable tire wear on the outside of the passenger tire.
I just want to adjust the toe so that I can get by until I get my long arms on and all of it put back together and have it aligned by a shop.
Does anyone have any idea how much toe it should have or good experience making sure everything is ok.

I've searched the threads for an hour with no luck.
I have measured the axle and it is fairly well centered under the Jeep, it only has about 3" of lift right now and I will be going to 4.5 soon.
Thanks in advance

Kenneth in Glendale AZ

you want 1/8-1/4" total toe in.

What size tires do you have,that will determine the toe?

Just to rough it in....W/ your steering wheel as straight as can be, measure from the outer edge of the tire to the other outer edge of the other tire, front and back, take that measurement to figure out which way the tierod needs to go.

Example: Say the front of the tire is 56.75'' and the rear of the tire is 56.5'', that means you have about a 1/4'' toe out. Its basically saying that the tread width from front to back is more narrow in the rear than it is in the front.

Hope that is not too confusing for you.

Thanks everyone, I did get the toe in set at about 3/16". I haven't had a chance to drive it to see if it better yet but I know I did have to toe it is about 1/2" or better so I'm sure it will be a little better.
I'm running 30" tires right now but plan on going bigger once the initial build is done. Next week I'm reinforcing the unibody through the main underfloor area and installing my freshly made long arms! Then RE 4.5" springs in the front.
I made and installed rear shackle relocation brackets this week and it made a big difference on the road for ride quality.

Back