• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

reroute air intake on renix?

fuzzydog

NAXJA Forum User
I have removed the coolant 'football' (changed from closed to open system) from my 90 XJ and want to put in a 2nd battery where the airbox currently is. So I'd like to flip my intake hose around and have the air filter where the old coolant reservoir used to be. However, the intake hose has an air bypass notch at the throttle body and can really only go on one way. I am thinking of cutting it, turning and hose clamping but before I do - has anyone done this and what was your solution?

BTW, I only changed from the closed to open cooling system because it simplifies the system and frees up all that room by the firewall. I was familiar with the closed system from other vehicles and it works fine when in good shape. The open system just gives fewer potential failure points for an offroad rig.

Well, I did not route the intake to the other side, but I did cut the rubber hose and clamp it to a PVC pipe. I'm thinking it was a 3" pipe, but I think all that stuff has been thrown away a long time ago. I don't know if you can turn the hose on the TB or not.

Back