• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hach mods....

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
ok so after all the searching. and custom work i have seen done. im still havent seen what im thinking of...

i want to incorparate a subwoffer system, molded into the rear hach, also id like to gather some good canvas to make a snapon sleeper that will hang from my open hach.

sleeping gear takes too much of my room up, and id like to minamize the packing for runs like the Hypothurmia run and whatnot.

if anyone has a spare hach we can play around with or maby sewing/canvas stuff. id be willing to split the material cost and build it X2. with some hands on help. i have a good hach on mine but id like to start with a spare in case we run into fabb problems of some sort.

let me know if theres any interest, or if i need to clarify some more...

thx.

im trying to visualize this sleeper........i just cant lol ...............elaborate

thanks,

Shane

3645450912_7a843e75ef.jpg

Here is my 2 cents on the rear hatch.

I took two 6x9 boxes and stuck a pair of 6x9 speakers in them. Used sheetrock hanging screws to attach them to the fiberglass door. If i wanted a tail gater, open the door. They were bigger than stock, and louder. Pointing right at the front made it feel like a concert.

Ok, here is the crappy part. This concept worked for a week. The weight from the speaker and box, killed my hatch door struts. Only one week.

I'm not saying don't do it! All I'm saying is, figure out a backup plan to the weight you will be putting on the struts.

:peace:

im planning on replacing the struts/mounting balls with better ones. also im a fiberglass magician, im planning on getting a preamped sub pack for the bump bump.

gutting the inside of the hach, restructure,refiberglass, and incorprate as much of the stock look inside as possable. im shaving the rear wiper too. maby relocate the licence plate if i need to do away with the "pocket"

im doing all this over my origonal roll down back window ideah...

should be fairlie ez i think. ill post a pick of the sub im thinking of, just need the canvas man more than anything.

Interesting sleeper concept. hmmm :)

Here is my 2 cents on the rear hatch.

I took two 6x9 boxes and stuck a pair of 6x9 speakers in them. Used sheetrock hanging screws to attach them to the fiberglass door. If i wanted a tail gater, open the door. They were bigger than stock, and louder. Pointing right at the front made it feel like a concert.

Ok, here is the crappy part. This concept worked for a week. The weight from the speaker and box, killed my hatch door struts. Only one week.

I'm not saying don't do it! All I'm saying is, figure out a backup plan to the weight you will be putting on the struts.

:peace:
I did this very samething back some years ago and well.. my struts sucked anyways and i always used a stick to hold them up. The only problem i had with them was after stump jumpin and mudding they fell off.:explosion

Back