• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ Flares?

Brooks_McClintock

NAXJA Forum User
Have I cut too far to install tj flares up front? howabout rear?

If I have, are there any other fenders I can install? I've had some run ins with the law saying they wanted to measure the tires, but I assured them they were less than an inch, and that I was just going to the shop to get them fixed.

So i'm basically illegal until i put flares of some sort on.

2545-blacked-out-tail-lights-turn-signals-washed-waxed-new-hercules-31x10-50r15-mud-tires-black-rims-steering-stabilizers-adjusted-bumpstops-sway-bar-disconnects-adjustable-trac-bar-black-mopar-nerf-bars-flexing.jpg

2534-blacked-out-tail-lights-turn-signals-washed-waxed-new-hercules-31x10-50r15-mud-tires-black-rims-steering-stabilizers-adjusted-bumpstops-sway-bar-disconnects-adjustable-trac-bar-black-mopar-nerf-bars-flexing.jpg

You have a cool name. Sounds like a character in a John Wayne movie!

I'm pretty sure Rusty's Flex Flare will still cover it. I highly recommend them, a lil pricey but as I found out on Dusy last week, they are indeed very flexible.

As far as I'm concerned Rusty's has earned my biz again.

You have a cool name. Sounds like a character in a John Wayne movie!

I'm pretty sure Rusty's Flex Flare will still cover it. I highly recommend them, a lil pricey but as I found out on Dusy last week, they are indeed very flexible.

As far as I'm concerned Rusty's has earned my biz again.

hey I was on the Dusy last week too, I think!! That trail beat the He!! out of me and ole CopperTop. I was there from monday to sunday

I saw you! We were the party of three (CJ-5, TJ and my 91 red XJ) that passed you guys near the Kaiser pass end of the trail. You guys were camped at the base of that rocky hill/slab on Monday.

I remember saying, "cool there's an xj that got a second life after the USFS (I assumed by the color it's an old Forest Service jeep?)

skip the flares altogether, who needs em, they just break off anyway!!

Yep, depending on where you are and the local code, as well as how stringently the local PD enforces it. I once considered flares an option, for a little over a week. Johnny Law changed my mind on that in a hurry. If you're in an area where they take note of flares and like hassling you over it, it's cheaper to toss a set on than deal with the hassle and expense of tickets.

Oh, and TJ flares FTW. Around $100 and a few hours in the garage, makes for a very nice looking and functional flare set-up.

Back