• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap speaker upgrade for you

commando

NAXJA Forum User
I found that BMW uses 5.25 inch speakers in the rear deck lids of the 5 and 7 series cars.They are not exact bolt ins but close enough and they are not cheap paper cones they sound great and were 6 bucks a pair at the JY

This doesnt belong in Mod Tech !

That's interesting, because E36 Nokia(I think) rear deck speakers totally blow.

Well BMW speakers are certainly not OEM, and they seem like an upgrade (performance wise,compared to stock) according to the OP, seems like a Mod to me.

Some (most, all?) BMWs have either standard audio systems, or premium(Harmon-Cardon I think) systems. I believe the speakers are different in the different systems.

Yes this is a mod, but it seems like audio things typically end up in Street/Performance for whatever reason.

I thought it was a mod sorry if its in the wrong place.and the e36 nokia speakers are 1000% better then the cheap dry rotted jensen junk chrysler put in these things esp for 6 bucks later

I thought it was a mod sorry if its in the wrong place.and the e36 nokia speakers are 1000% better then the cheap dry rotted jensen junk chrysler put in these things esp for 6 bucks later

I have a pair if you want to come and get them :D These might be difficult to make work in something else, as they are 2 way with the tweeter off the the side, and the whole unit would require an oval hole. And all these speakers are crossed over within the factory amp, and they have a 4 pin connector, which I don't have the other end of. I also have the woofers from the front doors, which look like a regular 5.25" speaker, and I have the corresponding tweeters as well, although the front midrange drivers are most likely still in the car, which has probably been melted down by now. The Audiobahn crap I had replaced the fronts with didn't sound much better.

Back