• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8.25" housing question

sime82

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Guys

I am from Australia and am looking to upgrade my DANA 35 to a 8.25"

I am looking to buy a 8.25" diff housing and then install a 29 spline ARB with Superior or Yukon axle's along with nitro 4.88 gears

Does anyone know if the Chrysler 8.25" housings are the same between the two models i.e. 27 spline and 29 spline?

Thanks Guys!!!

cheers
sime

I'm 95% sure the housing is the same. I believe the differences are just the shafts and carrier, but not sure.

I'm 95% sure the housing is the same. I believe the differences are just the shafts and carrier, but not sure.

I was thinking the same thing but was not sure if the axle shafts were different sizes and if thats the case then possibly the bearing being different sizes too?

Cheers
sime

The axle housing IS the same!

You could always just get the axle out of a 97+ xj that would already have the shafts and everything so all that would have to be changed is carrier and gears.

You could always just get the axle out of a 97+ xj that would already have the shafts and everything so all that would have to be changed is carrier and gears.

I just read that the 8.25's that came to Australia were only the 29 spline variety so look like ill be getting a 29 spline :)

Thanks for the replys guys!!

cheers
sime

How 'bout Nitro 29 spline axles with the Nitro 4.88?

Hi Guys

I am from Australia and am looking to upgrade my DANA 35 to a 8.25"

I am looking to buy a 8.25" diff housing and then install a 29 spline ARB with Superior or Yukon axle's along with nitro 4.88 gears

Does anyone know if the Chrysler 8.25" housings are the same between the two models i.e. 27 spline and 29 spline?

Thanks Guys!!!

cheers
sime

Back