• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Size Question...

Ky_Dragracer

NAXJA Forum User
First Off, I am a new Member, but I am constantly on this site, reading tons of articles and watching pics/vids on here, I even orderd a Shirt already....very helpful site and proud to say I am a member...

Now to the Question...

I just recently purchased a 2000 XJ 4 door, and I am 100% new to the JEEP scene, I have never owned a JEEP, but always wanted to, this is only my second vehicle, due to I am only 18 years old. Anyways I belive I want to go with a 3inch lift and I was wondering what is the largest size Tires I could go with ( I am actually wanting more width, due to I dont want it to look like I am rolling on Bicycle tires lol ) with minor modification. Its not going to be a 4x4 Machine , Its just going to be a Daily Driver/ occasional weekend warrior....

Thanks for any help or advice ya'll may have

Thanks in Advance,
Brody

Welcome. Best advice would to do a search. You will get allot if information, and should get most of your questions answered.

Ky_Dragracer said:
First Off, I am a new Member, but I am constantly on this site, reading tons of articles and watching pics/vids on here, I even orderd a Shirt already....very helpful site and proud to say I am a member...
You're actually a forum user, not a member. NAXJA is not only a web site; it is a club. Club members have a red username on the forums.

With that said, welcome to the forums. If I were you, and wanted a wider tire but didn't want to go too extreme, I'd look the 32x11.50 tire size. You will need to trim your fender openings to fit those tires, but how much so depends on the sort of off-roading you like to do.

I'm would like to get another Cherokee for my wife to use exactly as you discribe. Something for her to drive around as a DD, with the ocational light wheeling. My plan is to do a 3.5" Rubicon express lift and then put 31x10.5" tires on it. 31" are a good DD tire size, and can do more then most people give them credit for on the trail.

daffyxj.jpg

My 01 on 32x11.5 AT's; 4.5 short arm lift. (3 yrs ago, it's a little different today.)

Mambeu said:
You're actually a forum user, not a member. NAXJA is not only a web site; it is a club. Club members have a red username on the forums.

its possible that he could have just paid for membership but its not processed yet. Is that the case?

up to 31s with no trimming...

Back