• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock bumpstop interference

straightedgekid

NAXJA Forum User
hey all, im sorry if this is a repost but i searched and couldnt find any answers. i have a 4.5" lift with 34s. my front coil sits very close to my bumpstop, and on a flex, the spring actually gets caught on the metal lip of the bumpstop. i was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and what i could do. can the factory one be cut out and an aftermarket put in its place? Thanks

hey all, im sorry if this is a repost but i searched and couldnt find any answers. i have a 4.5" lift with 34s. my front coil sits very close to my bumpstop, and on a flex, the spring actually gets caught on the metal lip of the bumpstop. i was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and what i could do. can the factory one be cut out and an aftermarket put in its place? Thanks

You probably have short arms and no drop brackets? The axle is just a little too close to the back of the Jeep with that setup and rubbing on the bumpstop is common.

You can cut the bumpstop tower thing and pull it back a bit and reweld it.

You could cut it out all together and put some JKS ACOS in there.

You could shorten it, cap it, and use Prothane coil inserts as bumpstops (you may need coil retainers and/or limit straps).

Or you could move you axle forward a little.

HTH,
Billy

its good to know its a common problem! and it seems like a pretty easy fix. ill probably go with cutting it completely and putting in the jks.

i have one more question though, how much, if any, of the tower thing do i have to leave to make sure the top of the coil will stay in place, or will the length of the shock and/or overall flex limits of the truck prevent the coil from falling out of place.

Thanks, I appreciate the help!!!

Back