• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking at fixing some sag, and I found free shocks!

lowcar100

NAXJA Forum User
Today my mom was going through her garage and found 4 slightly used Rancho RS5000 shocks. After looking them up they seem like they'll do just fine for me, replacing my stock ones that have 126k on them. I am not looking for a lift, just to return to stock height since my rear is sagging. I can't find anything saying that the RS5000 shocks will not fit my Jeep, but I also can't find anything saying that they will. Is there a vehicle fitment guide I'm missing? Also will the shocks alone put me back to stock height or am I going to need to put some shackles on or get replacement leafs? Thanks ahead of time.

EDIT - I have a bone stock 1999 Cherokee (XJ of course).

Shocks alone will not affect your height. Just meassure your old shocks and the new shocks and see what the difference is.

Three alternatives, cheapest, get a main spring for an XJ from a junkyard, add it into the pack, pickup a full length add a leaf, the short add a leafs suck for ride.
Find an up country or buy new packs.
For the shocks, measure them both closed and open.

Back