• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any fisherman out there

BigDog

NAXJA Forum User
Hey who out here likes to fish as well as wheeling?
Figured its a good time wheeling with you all so thought it would be good to fish with you to.

Oh I so wish I had a boat but I'm stuck on the banks.
I'm looking forward to the coho season this year. They are saying its going to be very large.

I am packed up and ready for a couple of days of camping and fishing right now. Leaving in the morning. Maiden towage of the new to me tent camper, back of the jeep loaded with wood and hopefully some trout to come

bass trail trout shallow water crossing sturgeon muddin catfish muddin.......ph yea and also the pcasional poser flex on a stump or a log or a rock and then there salmon man i love to fish and play in my XJ its also great. becouse i can get lil scrappy in most places those guy with those oversized fords and chevys cant fit unless they want to pack it in' but there too snooty cuz the chrome on there tires has blinded there simple minds......ehh not to sure were i was going with that anyway yea coho season is going to be awsome!!!!:05of5::doh:

Yeah they are the two things I love the most wheeling and fishing. I like to fich for anything, I think that is one of the reasons I live the great northwest no matter what time of year it is there is always something to go fishing for. I always say any day on the water is a good day, getting in to some fish is a bonus.

Yeah they are the two things I love the most wheeling and fishing. I like to fich for anything, I think that is one of the reasons I live the great northwest no matter what time of year it is there is always something to go fishing for. I always say any day on the water is a good day, getting in to some fish is a bonus.
Yep not many folks outside the NW understand how good it is here....fish year around is just one thing among many.....The rest of the country can be hauling firewood to the stove while you and I are warm and fishing and looking at green trees and green grass!:sunshine:

I fish whenever I can. Let me know when you want to go.

P.s There is going to be a huge run of pinks showing anytime. It will be combat fishing in the rivers. I'm going to try to avoid the crowd.

Do you ever look at photoz of Kansas or Nebraska and think why would anyone live there when they could live here? On topic tho what you been fishing for lately?

Yeah its getting started just waiting for the gill netters to get out so the run can start making its way through. When fishing salmon and steelheads I like to fish sandy river and clack, hitting the small streams they head up as well off of them two rivers.
Love throwing spinners and drift fishing.
It's ok the people that don't live in the great NW can stay where they are don't need more people coming here and ruining the area. There is a good amount of people living here already that do that don't need more.

These are pics of our day today, the wife and I took our six year old to do some fishing..
She was having a little bit of a fight getting this one in.
today044.jpg

For a six year old thats a hell of a fish to bank on her own...
today046.jpg

Hey they can't all be big ones lol
today045.jpg

All in all not to bad of a day. She had a great time. Yeah it was at the trout farm but she is six you know. You know what I would be lieing if I said dad didn't bank himself a 18" lunker for the day. Couldn't let her have all the fun lol.

Last edited:
That's a prize winning photo of her w/ the fish and her....she will treasure that when she's in her 20's. Nice trout too. Congrats...good catch.:D

Yeah to bad there was no way I could get her to hold it though lol Thank you it was a great day with her.

I'm just getting back in to fishing - my wife and daughter are both game to go just about any time. I grew up fishing, but have only gone a few times in the last 10 years. I may be heading up to Timothy Lake next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday with an old friend - we're taking the daughter's up for a camping/fishing trip. That's if I can get the time off on such short notice, and dependent upon my progress on a side job I've got going on...

Well beings everyone here seems to be in to the forum thing here, if your in to fishing you should check out www.oregonfishingforum.com . Thats the fishing forum I'm with, good people there and very helpfull. It's a lot like this forum but for fishing.

Well beings everyone here seems to be in to the forum thing here, if your in to fishing you should check out www.oregonfishingforum.com . Thats the fishing forum I'm with, good people there and very helpfull. It's a lot like this forum but for fishing.
O O O, Thank you, didn't even know this existed.....Yes I think I'm going to like this site. Of course I really needed another forum to check into every morning....geeeeez.....i can't even get out of the house before 11 now....:paperwork

Back