• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

14 bolt spring pads

radardog

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, i just finished a long annoying search, and no success... this will be deleted as soon as i get the info i want.

when i measured my springs on my xj i got 43.5 center to center does this sound right to you?

i ask because i am swapping in a 14bff from a 84 chevy 2wd srw and it appears the spring pads are in the right place... i was measuring at like 1 am so i may have just been hallucinating. but i thought for sure the pads would have to be moved.

so my question is this... are the pads really at the same location? or am i measuring something really wrong?

measure twice, cut once. i have no idea if they are the same. i'd just double check your measurements. but keep pinion angle in mind to. you'll probably either have to add angle shims or weld on new pads at the correct angle.

Peterbuilt is running a SRW FF 14 bolt, and IIRC the spring pads were close enough that he didn't bother to relocate them. Then again, I tend to be more of a perfectionist than he...:eyes:

Back