• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parking lights went out?

mini=man

NAXJA Forum User
While driving home the other night I went to flick on my High-beams when both head lights went out. When I shut the High's off the low's stayed off too. So I figured it must be my head light switch went bad. So I get one at NAPA today and put it in after work. Now my head lights work but front and rear parking lights don't. Neither do my signals. No lights in the dash turn on either. Could I have bought the wrong switch or did something else short out?

Ignition switch in the column might be going bad, common to all those.

Did you check the HL switch wiring connector and its contacts?

double check that it's the correct switch (call NAPA ) and check fuses for dash lamps and parking lights. You may have created a short circuit when the switch failed.

double check that it's the correct switch (call NAPA ) and check fuses for dash lamps and parking lights. You may have created a short circuit when the switch failed.
Exactly what happened. I went out there at 6:30 this morning to start diagnosing it, one of the last things I would've checked and sure enough it was the fuse.

Back