• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express LCA rubber bushing install?

sunburned

NAXJA Forum User
I have these arms with my 4.5" SF kit and the bushings are completely shot after only two major wheeling trips. I ordered new bushings but I just cannot see how I'm supposed to put these in. They are pretty damn stiff and it looks like I'd have to use a huge press to get the fat part of the bushing past the skinny part of the arm eye.

I know lots of people have these arms, anyone try this yet?

590.jpg

I just replaced mine for the third time. I use my u-joint clamp and a big screwdriver to get the old ones out and the clamp to install the new ones.

They don't hold up very well and I'm seriously cosiddering cutting them off and replacing them with another Johnny Joint. For what it costs to keep these in good shape I think I can stand a little more road vibration.

Ive been waiting on my lower bushing for almost a month. Uppers are shot as well, so now Im waiting on those too.
2up.gif

I used some Vaseline and a press to put them in, although a C clamp and a large socket will work too.

At least they are replacing them free of charge, just hate waiting.

Took them about a month to ship mine. Ordered July 1st and they got to my house August 5th. They better have given me the new ones. I must have had the bad ones before because mine were badly cracked a long time ago, I just never got around to ordering new ones. Would have been nice if they mentioned the recall when I ordered them.

So I guess they aren't that hard to install? Lube em up and use a C-clamp or press? They just seem too stiff to slide right in.

Do you have a vise? You can use that to push the bushing almost the whole way in.

i think my bushings just went out on my uppers on my RE Long arm kit. Its causing the whole axle to role forward and backward when i stop and go. did this happen to anyone else or do i have a different prob?

Sounds good. I have a bench vise, but I don't think it extends enough to get these bushings in. I have a few pretty big c-clamps that would probably work. A friend has a 20 ton shop press, so I'll use that if I can get down to his house. Thought this would be a lot harder based on the shape and hardness of the bushing.

i think my bushings just went out on my uppers on my RE Long arm kit. Its causing the whole axle to role forward and backward when i stop and go. did this happen to anyone else or do i have a different prob?

Bad CA bushings can cause that.

I still dont understand why people praise Rubicon Express. I have had my lift for 2 years. This is the 4th set of bushings. The rear leaf spring was twisted...they refused to replace it under warranty.....they were replaced with BDS springs.

The front coils are currently shot and sagging and the RE nitro shocks started leaking within 3 months of the original install.

I refuse to buy anything else from RE.

Last edited:
Back