• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cone Filter Heat Shield

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
Does any one have a diagram on how to make or some pictures of how they look and sit in the engine i have a 97 with a rustys air tube. My filter is always getting dirty and getting cooler air in the filter would be nice

Ah crap... I just deleted it... I made my own... it was fairly easy... just make a 3 sided box, cut a circle in the middle part of it... and bend a couple tabs on the bottom... I just used self tapping screws... mine stayed just fine. Ill try to get pics tomorrow.

Hey mx what kind of intake do you have Rustys

I made my own. Here it is

Jeep321.jpg

Looks like we have the same prob. It seems like a bitch to try to make a shield Gave it a couple of tries and no good results.

I just put my old modified/cut up stock box with high pro filter. I think it would be better then the setup we have less hot air and dirt to get all over the filter

Not sure how to post pics yet

Take a picture, upload it to your computer, make a photobucket account, upload the picture to your photobucket, when it is uploaded...check the box next to it, go to the bottom and click generate HTML/IMG Code, then go down the the box that has
. Copy everything that is in the box, and paste it into a post box :wave1: PM me if you need any help

This is the intake an heat sheild I made for mine it wrapes around to the back side also. sorry for the big pic.
filter1.jpg

Looks like its a thin Building supply material used for insulating homes....

Back