• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ Fender Flares on an MJ?

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of swapping to a 97+ front end on my 90' MJ project. Will the rear flares from a 4 door 97+ XJ bolt up and replace the MJ rear flares?

I realize the 97+ rear flares cut off where the bumper end cap wraps around. I will be cutting this area off of the MJ bed anyway and fitting a wrap around rear bumper.

Thanks for any help!

No they will not work. The XJ flares openings are smaller than MJ flares by about 2" or so.

Just get some made out of a fiberglass, or go bling and do carbon...........:dunno:

I know someone who has a custom one of set of 97+ MJ rear flares :cheers:

Years ago someone took the front flares and duplicated them 2" wider. After paint, they looked 100% factory. Go with something like carbon and they will last forever................:thumbup:

You can also sand and mold the stock MJ flare some to make it look like a newer flare. There is a blue MJ running around with this done.

Back