• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9'' gearing and spool questions.

88manche

NAXJA Forum User
So lets say i wanna put a spool in a 9''. The third member that the spool is in is 4.88, and i want 3.23. My truck has 3.23's in it now.

If i just take the spool out of the 4.88 third member, and take the carrier out of my 3.23 third member and replace it with the spool, i wont have to reset my pinion depth, correct? just check gear patterns?

Im really confused by your question.

Are you asking if you can take the carrier and 3.23 Ring gear and set it in the 3rd member that has the 4.88 pinion?

Or are you asking if you can take the carrier and 3.23 ring gear, and take the 4.88 pinion out and replace it with the 3.23 pinion and swap the 3.23 carrier in with out having to re-set the 3.23 pinion backlash up?

crap.. i've confused myself more

I think hes talking about moving the spool from the 4.88 3rd and using it in the 3.23 3rd

i think you still have to move the carrier side to side adjustment (cant remember right now) but it sounds like it would work

hopefully someone with real experience can speak up though.....

Back