• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater dashboard lights?

montanaman

NAXJA Forum User
Hey ... my '91 XJ has heater controls that look like this:

dash.jpg

At night, it doesn't light up with the rest of the dash.

Is it supposed to light up, or is it normal for it to remain dark?

Thanks!!

Any ideas on how to fix it? I probably has more than one light bulb, right?

If it has more than one bulb, it's not likely all the bulbs would go out at the same time.

You'll likely break it upon removal. I did mine. The wonderful guys that designed the wiring harness left absolutely zero slack in it for removal. So, when you try to pull out on the unit, the bulb socket snaps break, I remember only one bulb but it was quite a while ago, I may be wrong. The one bulb was on the right hand side of the unit.

Now, my expirences were with a 96, you might have enough slack inthe harness for an easy R&R.

Best of luck.

Hale

First pop off the dash bezel, then 4 screws hold the heater controls in place. My '87 had very little slack as well, and there was one bulb on the righthand side. It is a twist-lock type socket. Bulb #74. 10 minute fix at max.

Yup, there is one bulb in there. Like other said, the wiring is a little short but not hard to get too.

MIne burnt out about a year ago. It took me a while to even realize it was out....

Back