• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is my shaft too long?

chpmnsws6

NAXJA Forum User
Now that I have you sick perverted peoples attention, I have an AA SYE along with a front driveshaft ready to go into the jeep. Problem is I only have 3.5-4 inches of lift, plan to haul a car which will make it sag to 2 inches of lift, and have an 8.25 in the back end.

Will the AW4/231 front shaft out of a 94 XJ still work, or is it too long?

:cheers:

I think you should be fine. I have 4.5 - 5" and the front shaft I have in there seems a touch short. I'm going to be replacing it soon. YMMV.

You should be fine man. I was at 4.5 in the rear and the drive shaft still had some space to move forward. So I think it should be fine either way.

I just don't want to put the SYE in and the driveshaft be too long, leaving the truck down and my wallet even thinner :roflmao:

Does anyone have the website giving shaft length dimensions? I know there is a chart running around with the lengths of a BUNCH of driveshafts but cannot find it now.

installed it all today. The shaft still has 2.5 inches to slide into itself

Turns out my shaft is not too long! :looney:

Back