• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear coil spring conv.

crusTodd

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

Other than 505 Performance, does anyone make a rear coil conversion?

What is the consensus on Rusty's OffRoad stuff?

How about Iron Rock off road?

Thanks,
T~

I' thought I remember hearing bad stuff about Rusty's products AND service. How do they stay in business? I have a 3 1/2" OME, but I'm thinkin' Jeepspeed-ish, short travel, long arm. Maybe bump up to 33"s. Does that make sense?

if your thinking JeepSpeed'ish, then check out the JeepSpeed area of this site... lots of great information there.
If your going JeepSpeed, there's no reason for the rear coil conv., as its not allowed.

RK, TNT(Treks), Claytons all do rear coil conversions I believe.

As for Rusty's, he'll stay in business because his prices are low, a lot of people DO like his stuff (for whatever reason) and not everything he sells is crap (he distributes a lot of other peoples stuff IE engine/performance parts) You could get lucky and get great service, or the opposite, your guess is as good as the next guys.

You don't seem to know exactly what you want to do, I'd figure that out, before you stat thinking about stepping into rear coil conversions. You can do a lot on 33's short arms and rear leafs...

If you want to do Jeepspeed type stuff you want long travel.

I think that would depend on the class... as some of the lower ones are limited to 10" travel shocks I believe.

again, if pre-running/JeepSpeed is the direction your looking at, check out the JeepSpeed area. Plenty of pics, build threads, and knowledge ready for tapping in there.

Back