• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions about OME lift...

Fred85

NAXJA Forum User
First of all, where is everyone buying OME stuff from these days??? does DPG offroad still have good prices??

and second, i'm only going with the 2" lift....will i need to touch my trackbar? (either redrill the bolts or buy a new adjustable one)

Dpg has a great reputation. I have an OME HD lift on my 01, and I really like it. I still have my stock TB in stock location with no problems. My only issue is a slight rear driveline vibe at about 50 mph. I could fix it with a t case drop, but I don't want to lose any clearance. OME's HD nets about 2.5in of lift, and I run 31x10.50, although 30x9.50 fit better. If you want any more info just ask.

Why do people go through the hassle of calling that Dirk guy and chatting him up to order some springs? Just decide whether you want light, medium, or heavy duty and order them from a website with a shopping cart and checkout system.

Here are all the OME springs
http://jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodList.asp?manufacturer=56

A: Because Dirk can beat those prices any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

B: Because Dirk is a supporter of NAXJA, JeepinOutfitters is not.

C. Because Dirk provides great customer service and is willing to spend time with people on the phone.

Need I go on?

Why do people go through the hassle of calling that Dirk guy and chatting him up to order some springs? Just decide whether you want light, medium, or heavy duty and order them from a website with a shopping cart and checkout system.

Here are all the OME springs
http://jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodList.asp?manufacturer=56

Price is not always the only consideration, sometimes customer service is what sells the product. Think Rocky Road. They have what apears to be quality, innovative products at competitive prices and HORRIBLE service. Do you want the best price, or do you want the parts you ordered when you were told they would arrive? Besides, Dirk will ask you what you use your Jeep for and will recomend the appropriate parts for YOUR situation.
A shopping cart won't do any thing but take your money and give you an "estimate" of when your order will arrive.

I bought my lift from a guy who ended running something else before he even installed it. So I got a "new" lift at a "used" price. If I were to do it again, I would call Dirk and order the "medium" kit.

also, what about shims and sway-bar extensions???

Depends on your set up. It will flex better with swaybar disconnects. You're most likely not high enough for shims, but check pinion angle after install to be sure. Better to be a little low than to high. Mine is 1.5* to low, but the smallest shim is 3*. Every Jeep is a little different.

First of all, where is everyone buying OME stuff from these days??? does DPG offroad still have good prices??

and second, i'm only going with the 2" lift....will i need to touch my trackbar? (either redrill the bolts or buy a new adjustable one)

I was gonna order mine through Jeepinoutfitters.com, but the leaf springs were on back order. I ended up ordering from 4WD.com and getting a pretty good deal. My kit came with

N35 Shocks
N36 Shocks
Coil Springs
Leaf Springs
Spacers for the front
Bushing
U-bolts and T-Case lowering kit.

For $837. Shipped

Back