• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar question

CagersXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a 4.5 lift on my jeep, and took it to the shop for a alighnment. They got it pretty close, but they said they could not adjust it enough, so it pulls to the right a little bit. I was wondering if getting an adjustable track bar is the solve to this problem. Thanks in advance for help!

Did they say why they couldn't get it right?

I ask because I had a 4.5" lift and my alignment was fine, and it didn't pull.

If you have the stock trackbar, I would highly recommend changing it. There is too much angle on the tie rod on the frame side for that much lift. This also pulls your axle over to the drivers side of the vehicle. One reason why it could be pulling to the right is the axle is too far over to the left, so the draglink, even while adjusted all the way in, is too long to get the wheels straight.

Find another alignment shop,better yet do it yourself!

Sounds like they don't know much about Jeeps. An adjustable tracbar is a good thing with a lift because with the stock tracbar the axle is pulled to the driver side.

Since it's on the same subject...I'll hi-jack this thread. I just installed an RE 3.5 full leaf lift on my XJ, and for some odd reason my front axle is sitting to the passenger side instead of the drivers. I've put an RE adjustable track bar on it, and it has too be screwed all the way in to be even close. Hasn't been wrecked, so what in the heck do ya'll think might have it going the opposite of what's logical?

they could not get the alighnment right
And this provides us with just as much information as we had before.

An alignment consists of toe adjustment, axle centering, steering wheel centering, and (depending on what kind of car or set up you have) camber and caster adjustments.

What PART of the alignment couldn't they get right? And once again, did they give you a reason as to why they couldn't get it right? This will help us better to help you.

Since it's on the same subject...I'll hi-jack this thread. I just installed an RE 3.5 full leaf lift on my XJ, and for some odd reason my front axle is sitting to the passenger side instead of the drivers. I've put an RE adjustable track bar on it, and it has too be screwed all the way in to be even close. Hasn't been wrecked, so what in the heck do ya'll think might have it going the opposite of what's logical?
Sounds like your track bar was made for a bigger lift than you have.

Oddly enough, it was like that even before adding the adjustable. I'd drilled the new hole for the stock bar to compensate for the lift, just like the RE directions said, and it was too far over. Figured this would help, but it's still wrong. Would have likely been ok if I'd just left the stock one in the original hole.

Back