• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock size shocks on 2" BB

jpars

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, am running 235 mud tires and have new shocks.

noticed a rustys 2" AAL kit for only 99 bucks w/o shocks.

my stock size shocks are brand new and actually restored about an inch of clearance on the jeep.

anyways rustys offroad says stock shocks work fine but you know as well as I do Naxja will you tell you straight so, will it work fine or will i be bottoming out?

ps did a light search couldnt find anything

jpars said:
will it work fine or will i be bottoming out?
I haven't done that myself (I bought new shocks with my 2" lift), but I'm pretty sure that your problem won't be bottoming out the shocks (since they'll be extended by two inches), but rather your shocks might limit your droop a little. If you're not planning on any crazy flex with your stock shocks, I think you'll be okay.

Mambeu said:
I haven't done that myself (I bought new shocks with my 2" lift), but I'm pretty sure that your problem won't be bottoming out the shocks (since they'll be extended by two inches), but rather your shocks might limit your droop a little. If you're not planning on any crazy flex with your stock shocks, I think you'll be okay.

yeah im not exactly running the rubicon any time soon :) sounds good. they wont wear out faster though will they?

chelms27 said:
I had a 2" lift with stock shocks for a while, it was fine and worked good off-road
I ran this way for 2 yrs. on 2 different XJ's with no problems. JIM.

Back