• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Filter Housing

Joshooha

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I have a '92 XJ w/ a '98 engine in it. I'm sick of having dry start ups every morning, it just makes me cringe a little more each day. I tried the "non drain back" filters, and they do not seem to work. My block is the style block to where the oil filter is vertically up-side down mounted. Is there a different filter housing I can buy after market to flip it or at least move it on its side? Or can I just interchange it w/ a different block?

The engine in my 88 is from a 98 and I just unbolted it and turned it to the side. It was a long time ago but if I recall correctly I just left the locating pin there and it still cleared ok.

I switched to the K&N brand # HP-3001 filter, and I have not had any problems. Their anti drainback valve actually works. Also, it is a 1 quart filter, not the 1/2 quart filter.

Back