• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

small manual bender

Never used one of those but have seen them used at a burgler bar shop. That guy could make some nice 90* bends in 3/4" square stock.

I bent a lot of conduit as a electrician if you can bend pipe with a banual bender it is to malleable to use for anything structural it will bent to easy to brace anything on a jeep

I was looking to make some Fuel can carriers and possibly a new roofrack using 3/4x3/4 16 gauge steel tubing.

Decided to use my existing Wilderness rack but lengthen it. Then i need a way to bend the material for the fuel can carrier/s vs miter cutting the steel on a 90* angle. I'd prefer it to match the rack.

I'm weighing out buying a small manual bender like above or just buying the die for a friends Baleigh bender.

I bent a lot of conduit as a electrician if you can bend pipe with a banual bender it is to malleable to use for anything structural it will bent to easy to brace anything on a jeep

:huh: How many roll cages are built with a manual bender? Are you just talking about a small one like the one he linked? If that's the case, I think the 3/4" OD is more of a limiting factor.
Billy

I was looking to make some Fuel can carriers and possibly a new roofrack using 3/4x3/4 16 gauge steel tubing.

Decided to use my existing Wilderness rack but lengthen it. Then i need a way to bend the material for the fuel can carrier/s vs miter cutting the steel on a 90* angle. I'd prefer it to match the rack.

I'm weighing out buying a small manual bender like above or just buying the die for a friends Baleigh bender.

I should be getting a mini bender like THIS one in the mail any day now. It's 1/2" OD instead of 3/4" OD, but I can update you on how it works if you want. I'm building the frame for a custom center console with it.
Billy

I'm looking at this bender for some small tubing work i want to do. I know zip about benders.. this look ok or is there something else i want to look into?

Will something like this have an adjustable stop for repetative bends at say 90* without checking with a square constantly?

http://www.irvansmith.com/scart/tubing-bender-manual-p-659.html

seams a little spendy but I think it would work good for the 3/4 round stuff. I'm not sure how much force you would be able to apply to bend the square but it should work. Looks like a good buy even if you have a bender and don't wanna spend the $200+ for a smaller die just to do some racks or fuel can holders.

I should be getting a mini bender like THIS one in the mail any day now. It's 1/2" OD instead of 3/4" OD, but I can update you on how it works if you want. I'm building the frame for a custom center console with it.
Billy

If your looking for that type of bender this is a much better option. http://cgi.ebay.com/SWAGELOK-MS-HTB...ders?hash=item53dca4705d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 We have both types at work, the rigid has no roller unlike the swage lock plus if you want to bend a 180° bend the handle unscrews and rotates 90° for another bite and has a much larger spot to clamp it in a vise for stationary bending.

Back