• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB Talk

Cobra 29 is a good little radio. Some of the "big guns" run these on "the bowl" (ch 6) where if your not running 10K watts your nobody! Actually a lot can be done with this rig just search "Cobra 29 mods". Thats prop. one of the better radios people run in there rigs here.

Take care

I got mine a couple of years ago as a gift. My suggestion is to take it to a shop and have it peaked and tuned, get an aftermarket mike, and invest in a good antenna.

I had mine "modified" while I was at it. It's a little overkill for the trails, but it's fun to mess with the truckers on the highway. :laugh3:

The only complaint I have is the size. It kinda limits your mounting options, but overall I love mine.

I got mine a couple of years ago as a gift. My suggestion is to take it to a shop and have it peaked and tuned, get an aftermarket mike, and invest in a good antenna.

I had mine "modified" while I was at it. It's a little overkill for the trails, but it's fun to mess with the truckers on the highway. :laugh3:

The only complaint I have is the size. It kinda limits your mounting options, but overall I love mine.
x2 and check s.w.r.'s:yelclap:!!!1

s.w.r.'s? That's the number that is supposed to be at least 2.0:1 right? :roflmao:

The 29 is a great little radio, just have it peeked and tuned at a shop and get a good antenna and coax, not that radio shack stuff. The antenna system is 90% of your radio's transmit and recieve, if it ain't right it want matter what kind of radio you have. Make sure you have the swr's set also. Been radioing for 27 years, it's a great radio if you set it up right, should last you many years.

SWR's need to be below a 3 and the closer to a 1.1 you get it the better it will be, but it must be under a 3 or after a while it will burn up your radio.

a good steel whip works good on the trail !!? don't move it !! just check the mounting make sure it's tight!! and try a different radio ??!! is there sound??
:looser::looser: mount on fender !! if you get a mag mount put it in the middle of jeep on top !!?? but might fall off on the trails ? so just get a good steel whip antenna and cable and mount it good !! not on bumper !! on hood or top of jeep ! :yelclap:

Any Antena suggestions or ideal mounting locations. I really want it to work well...

I say a Wilson 1000 is BY FAR the best CB antenna you can buy. Cost about $70-80 new. Put it the dead center of the jeep. Will it get knocked off on the trails....yup! So, if your on a trial a bunch and not on a DD watch out! Wilson also a fiberglass whip...pretty good also

With a fender mount opposite the fm antenna, do you have to worry about a whip whacking everything nearby when wheeling? Especially w/windows down or no doors...

Go fiberglass, wouldn't want you or a spotter getting thwacked with a big steel whip.

Back