• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Low oil pressure,

jmjbrokenj

NAXJA Forum User
What all can make a motor, 4.0 have low oil pressure?? i thought it was my head gasket but know my motor man is tellin me its a rod bearing, what can it be?

JAKE

check your sending unit. both my old yj and xj have had funky reading because of bad senders. could be your pump as well. there are lots of other reasons as well im sure.

~sm

Mine suffers from low oil pressure, and my main and rod bearings are slowly going out. Thats why putting in a new rear main seal didnt hold for long. Once the seal was broken in it started to leak slowly.

Already swapped to a new sending unit, it surely is my motor, not something small, i also had water in my oil, but the head gasket and head job will fix that, the motor doesn't knock, doesn't smoke, runs strong as ever, fires up without hesitation, just low oil pressure once it gets hot, its fine when its cold but when it warms up it goes to $hit

Back