• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help diagnosing cruise control

Leica99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I finally was able to get my cruise control parts installed after stork's sent me the wrong clockspring and then sent me the correct one. I went by instructions sent to me from Jeepsareus, so I'm pretty sure I have installed it correctly but it's not working.

I'm starting to wonder if Storks sent me the wrong switches also. When I try to turn it on, the cruise light does not come on so I'm thinking it may be the switch.

If the servo or clockspring was bad would it not allow the cruise light to turn on?

Is there a bulb installed for the CC ?

Run a cluster test - hold the trip reset button in while you turn the key to ON. The cluster will enter into a diagnostic mode where all the gauges go from full back to zero position and all the cluster lights flash.

Thanks...Just ran the test and the light came on.

Talked to the guy at Stork's and he says the switches came out of a 2000 (I have a 99) and said that you can tell the difference between the 97-98 and 99-01 switches......Well from what I've learned here doing lots of research is that you CAN'T tell the difference by looking and that's why you need to be sure.

I'm not sure what to believe because the first time he told me he was pulling the parts out of an 01 with cruise then sent me a non cruise clockspring off some steering column he had laying around.

The FSM for my 91 lists a bunch of tests for the switch, the ECM pins, etc. I know it won't be the same so I can't help ya, just saying maybe if you have access to an FSM for your year you can run through the diagnostics there

The switch could still be good, but just the wrong switch. I was hoping if anyone knew if the light not coming on was the result of the wrong switch.

Well I pulled the switches and according to the number on them they are from a 97-98.

So far Storks is 1 for 3, unless of course the servo is no good, guess I'll find out. I just don't get it, the guy told me he was pulling all the parts off a '00 and he clearly didn't.

Back