• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will doing this possibly kill me?

exjay82

NAXJA Forum User
My jeep is lifted a little more in the rear than in the front. I want to even it out, but I don't want to go to all of the trouble of taking the front coils out. My question is would it be safe to a two coil spring isolator, cut it through in one spot from the outer edge to the middle, then using my coil spring compressor compress the springs just enough so that i can slide the coil spring isolator above the spring?

Catchy title BTW

Just use coil spacers.

I don't need that much extra lift to level it out a coil spring iso will do the trick.

And thank ya, I got my B.S. degree in Titleology.

If you have spring compressors just put them on tight while the truck is on level ground, then jack up the front so you droop out the suspension, doing this should give you enough to get the coils past the towers.

-Alex

If you have spring compressors just put them on tight while the truck is on level ground, then jack up the front so you droop out the suspension, doing this should give you enough to get the coils past the towers.

-Alex
^that

Done the way you are suggesting before but glued it back together again and to the mount above it. Put the extra isolator above the existing one to help keep it together where the new one was cut along with the glue.

It's a RE lifted with 5.5 springs in the front and the back. but the factory shackle was hitting the back of the box in the rear so i had to add a boomerang shackle which added approximately an inch in lift.

you could have gotten relocation brakets for the rear that could give get rid of some lift and provide better drop....

While it is not going to be the end of you but It could squeeze out under some situations and you will loose that amount of lift. I think it would be best to stay with a solid spacer so get a 1" BB for the front, or put some more weight in the back to make things ride a little lower...

I hate to say it but can the boomerang shackles. They are crap. Go with a dog leg shackle of the right length.

In my experience the track bar usually limits the front droop before the control arms bind. I'd lift it up using the front axle, then support the frame with jack stands, then unhook the track bar and shocks (if they'll limit you) and let the front axle down slowly, watching out for your brake lines. Once I had my track bar unhooked, I had enough clearance to take all the load off of my springs, which made it fairly easy to get the coils out. You may still have to use a coil compressor but you won't have to compress them nearly as much. Then just throw an extra isolator or a 1" spacer up top, and you're good.

Cliffs: Do what Ba-Riedo said, but remove the track bar and get extra droop.

Back