• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trailer lights - stupid chrysler wireing

srimes

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so my 99 has the factory tow package and trailer hookup. As every trailer I've used has the regular 4-pin hookup I got the uhaul adapter plug it in. Went to use it today and it just isn't working right. With the headlights off the brake lights work, the left turn works and the right signal flashes both sides. When I turn the headlights on they don't light up at all, even when I step on the breaks or use the turn signals. Help?

w- The lights on the jeep work correctly weather or not the trailer is hooked up.

l- I'll check that out, thanks.

My problem turned out to be the trailer frame being rusty, causing me to have an intermittent ground. Caused some strange behavior on the trailer, although the heep lights worked fine. Fixed it with a jumper wire between the trailer tongue and bed frame. Couple of minutes with a DMM should help you sort it out.

Back