• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cargo area

XJeeper87

NAXJA Forum User
I need a cargo area cover to cover all my tools in the back when i take my doors off and i need a way to secure my 80$ radio while my doors are off also any ideas? it does ahve a removable faceplate but does that really deter theives just by taking it off?????

This is one of the main reasons I bought a Jeep with doors instead of a Wrangler. Theft Prevention and functional AC. You want to avoid having people steal your stuff, PUT THE DOORS BACK ON. If you have the have your doors OFF, plan to replace your stuff, WHEN it gets ripped-off.

This is one of the main reasons I bought a Jeep with doors instead of a Wrangler. Theft Prevention and functional AC. You want to avoid having people steal your stuff, PUT THE DOORS BACK ON. If you have the have your doors OFF, plan to replace your stuff, WHEN it gets ripped-off.

Doors won't stop a thief I had some tools, speakers, and radio stolen out of my jeep with doors on and windows up in my driveway 2 days before xmas a couple of years ago. Since then I have not put anything back in that was of any value. Best way is remove the faceplate, leave nothing in plain sight that might be of interest or value and get a cargo box for the cargo area that can then be bolted down and locked with a padlock.

I had doors and I'm pretty sure the greasy F#@& who stole my stereo put it on craigslist for $25. I was dumb enough to leave the faceplate in the center console, so maybe if he hadn't found that he would have left the HU.

On the one hand, deflation means fewer people buying expensive crap like car audio, even stolen expensive crap. OTOH, deflation means there's more people who will risk it for just a couple bucks.

IMO If you want to keep anything of even remote value in your jeep, you need locks, a 2-way alarm, and firearms training.

I figure that way you already have a home burglar alarm for when you end up sleeping in it :D

Locks=:laugh: alarm=:laugh: Firearms training=priceless

is that to say you spend all the time your not IN your vehicle, just sitting watching you vehicle?
sounds exciting.

Doors won't stop a thief I had some tools, speakers, and radio stolen out of my jeep with doors on and windows up in my driveway 2 days before xmas a couple of years ago. Since then I have not put anything back in that was of any value. Best way is remove the faceplate, leave nothing in plain sight that might be of interest or value and get a cargo box for the cargo area that can then be bolted down and locked with a padlock.

You are correct.

But say I park my jeep with doors and tinted windows next to yours without. I have my normal $1000 worth of tools, Hi-Lift and $200 stereo in the rig you have whatever you have. Who's stuff is more likely to get Jack'd?

By the way I rarely even lock my rigs and have yet to have anything stolen. Buddy with a wrangler, gets stuff jack'd almost every time he parks it.

i built a cargo box for the back of my jeep. i go doorless all the time. i just keep the trunk locked. the way i built my box is that you cant get the box out through the rear doors only if you angle the box the right way out of the trunk. you can also lock the cargo box. its made out of 1/2" mdf and unless the thief brought a jig saw he's most likely not gonna get in there. worked well for me. or worked until my 36" spare tire rattled around back there during an offroad trip. it got destroyed haha

I leave my doors on, but I had a cargo box in the rear with everything locked up and secured, about $1,000 worth of tools. I had my GPS and radio faceplate locked in a center console as well....

So the assholes just stole the whole damn Jeep. I recommend an alarm and a Pit Bull.

doors off most of the year, but nothing of value stays in the heep. If I need to bring tools along for the trip, I have a box that can fit (with some work) but takes forever to get out.

No alarm or pit bull, but my li'l girl has been known to keep an eye on the rig when needed:

009-1.jpg

i want to build a cover so only way to access it is to open the hatch
Who in there right mind would try to steal a jeep?
those things are death traps you know

Praise the jeep gods:worship:

There was actually an OEM option for a trunk area cover - I lucked out and my 96 XJ came with one. Check around the junkyards, it rolls up like a window shade and mounts via the ends at the sides of the top of the back seat. If you unscrew the mounting brackets and the clips that hold it near the liftgate, you should be able to install it on another XJ pretty easily.

doors off most of the year, but nothing of value stays in the heep. If I need to bring tools along for the trip, I have a box that can fit (with some work) but takes forever to get out.

No alarm or pit bull, but my li'l girl has been known to keep an eye on the rig when needed:

009-1.jpg

Blood hound? I have a red bone coon hound. She is the sweetest dog ever, barks at everything, and is the biggest chicken s#$t dog ever. Afraid of every thing.

Back on topic though.... Why not pick up a small "Knaack" or "Jobox" to fit in the cargo area. They can be bolted down AND are designed to be nearly impossible to break into.

Back