• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fan clutch eliminator

moparjim1987

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone ever built or made an adapter for the clutch fan to make it a straight fan? i'm toying with the idea to possibly help cool it a little better, as i already tried a new fan clutch. my reasoning behind this is to get the temps down because, since i installed a new thermostat, radiator, fan clutch, and new shroud, it is consistently running 210-215* instead of the old normal 190-200*. i talked it over with my dad, and he said that the only other thing it could be is the engine is just plain wore out, and is working harder, and therefore making alot of heat. i'm not beyond doing the taurus fan swap, but if i can get this figured out before that, i won't need to do this. thanks for your help on my subject.

210* is a normal Operating temp of the 4.0L....

You don't want to make it a strait fan for various reasons. It would be better for you to do a good flush and install a 3 or 4 core radiator. If that is not enough convert over to an all electric fan (done right) and will pull more air through the radiator, put less load on your motor, and control temp better.

During the winter if you have a fixed mechanical fan you will have very little heat....
You don't need a Mechanical fan at freeway speeds and will kill your MPG...
Will take longer to heat up to operating temp....

What all have you done or replaced on your cooling system? Flush, Water pump inspection, T-stat replace...? Usually there are other causes for overheating. There are people with the 4.0L that have over 250K miles and run with out problems with stock cooling system.

Yea don't do it. Your temp is fine, 190 was too low. It may have had a wrong/bad tstat before.

i somehow got a log stuck up in there before. if the fan was directly connected to the pulley i bet i would have needed lots of new parts

Back