• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need seat brackets for Aftermarket Suspension Seats?

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
I have tracked down and saved up money for a set of Suspension Seats for my XJ. Problem now is the ones I've been looking to buy (Twisted Stitch Apex) have mounting Tabs that look like they're made for someone w/far more fab skills then I have to mount them up.

Any ideas who might have something already made up I can just buy, bolt together and then bolt in my XJ?

I'm absolutely SICK of the torn up OE seats I'm riding in every day.

Thanks for the help all...

I would contact Poly Performance and see what they have to say on mounting.

PP is actually who I was working on buying the seats from and I was told I'd need to fabricate or find someone to fabricate mounting brackets and a way to mount them into my XJ. I was hoping I could get it all at the same place even if I had to pay extra $$ for the mounts.

Any other suggestions??

It took me a week and a half to mount my seats because I didnt want to pay mastercraft 120 bucks for brackets. Im pretty good at fabbing and it took me that long to get it figured out. Seats are tough to mount. Especially in a XJ on the driver side with the transfer case clearance in the floor. I ended up actually beating the floor in a little bit and useing 2 3/18 plates

They are not to hard to make(depends on the year).Heres some "tilting" bases I made for my 95 2dr!
0603997-R1-018-7A.jpg

0603997-R1-022-9A.jpg

0603997-R1-036-16A.jpg

It took me a week and a half to mount my seats because I didnt want to pay mastercraft 120 bucks for brackets. Im pretty good at fabbing and it took me that long to get it figured out. Seats are tough to mount. Especially in a XJ on the driver side with the transfer case clearance in the floor. I ended up actually beating the floor in a little bit and useing 2 3/18 plates

Do you happen to have any pics of the brackets & seats installed?

I was tale Corbeau has brackets that will work at ~$99 but the last experience I had w Corbeau was less than what I'd hoped so I'd like to find another alternative. I just hate to buy nice new seats & then try to find the extra time & $$ to wait and search for someone to fab me some mounting hardware... and I know I can't do that myself.

They arent near the quality of mastercraft seats but have you looked into Garage Pro offroad seats? I will upload ya some pix tonight but I dont really have any of the brackets. They are a biotch to put in and Im not pulling then back out until I have to

Thanks. I'll check those out & look forward to your pics.

BTW my XJ is a 96 w the lip/ledge/hump on the front of the mounts.
Then it should look pretty much like the one I posted(it fits 95-2001)!

sorry it took so long, got side tracked..kinda a crummy cell phone pic, Ill take some better tomorrow if needed.
seats.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I appreciate what you all have mentioned. I'm still waiting to hear f/a few distributors and I'm willing to pay the $100 (give or take) for a nice set of mounting brackets... since I can't do the fab work myself. If I had a list of parts and it didn't involve welding I'd be able to handle it... but the welding part leaves me out.

Back