• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission return line crushed

T3hk1w1

NAXJA Forum User
I crawled under the XJ today to do some wiring and noticed that the radiator---->transmission return line is damaged. The hardline was completely crushed shut right where it runs along the edge of the engine block-it's got a clear outline where the front right-side edge of the Pass. side UCA smacked into it.
I'm pretty sure this happened last time I went wheeling, since the trans has not overheated to death yet.
Was running stock height with factory bumpstops in good condition, swaybar connected

Can anyone tell me how to avoid doing this in the future? I can't figure out why it would be designed in a way that would allow that...

'00 XJ sport, 4.0L, AW4

Can anyone tell me how to avoid doing this in the future?

Either reroute the line or add more bumpstop. I along with others here have had good luck cutting out the crimped section & replacing it with rubber trans. line. JIM.

Back