• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C HOSES HELP!!

ChesterSPL

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 XJ with an I6. I blow my high side pressure hose and was wondering where to get a new one. I can find 4cyl. hoses all day long but not anything for a 6. Its hot :flame: and I need to get a new one, any ideas?

Also, I have read almost every post on here about A/C and I was wondering what you guys/gals think about "refreshing" an a/c system. While mine is empty, and it really didn't work great in the first place what can I do to bring it back up to par. I have retro fitted with r134 earlier. I am thinking about replacing the expansion valve. What do you think about the evaporator? Those are fairly inexpensive parts so if it will help I am all over it. I drive about 200miles a day for work so I would love to have a great a/c system.

Please let me know where to get the hose and what else I can do to "refresh" or "revamp" my system from it's 30 years of service.

Thanks ahead for all the help.

My 89 4.0 had a hole in condenser for years,AC down and open to the elements. I got a used condenser at the jy, after install without new orings I put a vacuum on it with HF 15 dollar pump. then charged with 134 froen and it works pretty good even up to 105*.

Back