• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Emissions testing stroker

offrd3

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone taken their 4.5l stroker through emissions testing where they plug into your computer or where they take a tail pipe reading if so was the reading they took close to a stock 4.0l. my problem is i live in New Jersey and they plug right into the computer and check everything that way, so their really strict. any help would be much appreciated. thanks

Has anyone taken their 4.5l stroker through emissions testing where they plug into your computer or where they take a tail pipe reading if so was the reading they took close to a stock 4.0l. my problem is i live in New Jersey and they plug right into the computer and check everything that way, so their really strict. any help would be much appreciated. thanks

as long as you don't have a CEL on, i think you will be ok, mine is due 7/10, so i can't help you for a little while.

They only plug into the computer on 1996 and newer years since that is when the standard OBDII protocol was introduced. Prior years have to be tailpipe tested
and 4x4 vehicles only get tested at idle for the tailpipe test from what i remember

Sorry I should have said this is a 98 so they will deff. Plug into it. I was thinking that if some one new both of the tail pipe measurements then you could compare before and after affects. thanks for the help so far though

Back