• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My alternator mod

Kevinma255

NAXJA Forum User
I repositioned the alternator to the AC mount by cutting the mount just beyond the inner bolt hole, setting a brace from a piece of angle to the outer support, then a minor mod to the timing case cover. (I had initially tried running another idler pulley on the extrusion I had to remove but it was not machined so the pulley was not in line and the belt walked into the TC cover. This was just a matter of grinding away the aluminum extrusion. I will update this with a picture with the belt once I get it. Due to removing the added idler the belt I have is too long.

In my opinion, if somone has the ability and desire to do this they will be able to see what I did from the pictures. If I have to take it apart again I will get a better pic of the bracket modification.

It is a summit 100 amp alternator ford 2g style case ( Summit SUM-810303P )

Sweet alternator!! I'm going to do the same type of bracket with a OEM 130 amp from a ford expedition.. Gonna use it as a on board welder..

Nick

everytime these threads come up i go on a quick 5 minute search to find the writeup i fallowed.... and i never can...
its a shame, cause the writeup was quite good, had to use spacers and such.

looks to me like the alt. pulley might have an extra rib... easily solved.

nope, but i do keep coming accross that.
the method i fallowed re-used the bracket from down below, flipped up, a bunch of washers and a simple peice w/ 2 holes.... worked excellant...

Back