• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stumbling/ No Power

stxcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Jeep sat for about 4 or 5 months.. Just got it back up and running today.

I had to drop the tank and line it, then I used the same fuel, might be bad/old gas.

new plugs, new pump, sending unit not working..

Jeep idle's fine.. and I can redline it while in park, put it in gear and it starts to stumble..

where do I start.. can't syphone gas out, mouth is full of gas fumes now.. yuck..

Don't try to siphon gas with your mouth unless you wanna die. Inhaling liquid gas will kill you.

4-5 months may degrade the gas a bit, but if your able to redline it standing still that's a bit of a puzzler.

I'd be looking more at sensors dirty, corroded connections et.

TPS comes to mind. You may want to disconnect it, clean it, test it.

Your cat could also be a problem if it flattens out under load. Sitting around for months could have allowed it to crack and start to disintegrate. Bring it up to temp after dark and redline it for a bit, see how hot it gets. If it glows red, it's likely going or gone.

charge your battery up. I just went through this on my 98. I replaced the fuel pump b/c my old one seized up. I had a bad alternator connection also and my battery wasn't charging. It would run fine in idle, when it was in gear it would stumble and die out. It turns out my battery was just too low and not getting charged by the alternator. Fixed the connection, charged the battery, and all is fine now.

mine is having similar symptoms. It idles fine, can rev high in and out of gear. but in the mid range it sputters and stumbles.

for example, when i am on a highway, i will accelate fine (witha heavy foot, then when i get up to speed and decrease throttle pressure it shifts into overdrive, from high rpms to low, and starts to spit and sputter

no engine codes, it was throwing some but i fixed the rear O2 sensor and no codes have come back

check tps.. it's normal.. unpluged TCU works the same. put in high octane fuel.. tank is full 100%.. jeep still sputtering.. it get up past 3500 rpm.. but below that.. no power at all.. and brakes are jerky..

any suggestions

Back