• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Odd intermittent start up problem

redneck

NAXJA Forum User
A little over a month ago my 95 started to have an issue on start up. I will crank her up and the starter spins like normal then all of a sudden it will sound like its struggling or skipping. By about the 3rd revolution of this struggling it fires up. When it fires the engine doses some interesting things. It will either surge to the point I have to shut her down and restart, run alright but with no power and has a hollow sound to it, or it barley idles but has power. When it has no power I can get her going down the road full throttle to about 20mph then all of a sudden it recovers and full power comes back. No problems after. It isn’t throwing any codes and all of my sensors were replaced about 2 years ago. It clears itself half the time if I shut it down and restart but always clears after a short distance if i just drive it running like crap. It happens hot or cold, day or night, humid or dry. I’m not sure where to start. Sometimes it will do it, sometimes it will not. :dunno:

Back